Fior d’Arancio Colli Euganei DOCG
The name (orange blossom) derives from the characteristic citrus note typical of the yellow muscat grape bred in singular volcanic soils of the Euganean Hills. Made from 100% yellow Muscat grapes, this sweet sparkling wine is created using the the Charmat Method with fermentation in autoclave using selected leaving agents. The must is fermented at 10 ° C up to the desired pressure and then left to stand for 15 days at -2 ° C. It has a sweet and persistent taste with intense aromatic aroma with immediate memories of orange and lemon.
- GRAPE VARIETY: yellow Muscat 100%.
- PRODUCTION AREA: Euganean Hills – Veneto Region.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Spurred cordon.
- SOIL: Volcanic origin.
- AVERAGE PRODUCTION: 70 q.li/ha.
- CLIMATE: Cold winters with hot, dry and ventilateci summers. Good daily temperature ranges.
- HARVESTING: By hand anticipateci with respect to the maturation in arder to ensure a good level of acidity.
- VINIFICATION: The selected grapes harvested by hand are cooled at 0.5 °C and then pressed softly to exalt the fruity aroma at its best. The best quality must is then sent lor the secondary fermentation (prise de mousse).
- FOAMING: Charmat Method, with re-fermentation carried out in an autoclave using selected leavening agents. The must is then fermented at 10° C up to the desired pressure and then left to stand lor 15 days at – 2 °C.
- TASTING NOTES: The colour is discharged yellow with greenish reflexes, with a fine and velvety perlage, sweet taste, aromatic and persistent. Intense and aromatic aroma with immediate reminiscences of orange and lemon.
- PAIRING: Served at the end of a meal with fruit cakes and homemade dry biscuits.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6° – 8° C.
- BOTTLE: 0,75 litres.