Insignis – Marche Sauvignon IGT
Insignis – a name meaning “notable” in Latin, ergo a person who by definition is highly educated – represents one of the winery’s new paths, one which has led us to produce this pure Sauvignon wine.
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Sauvignon Blanche.
- VINEYARDS: At 430 meters above sea level, spurred cordon system; 5,000 vines per hectare.
- VINIFICATION: Delicate destemming and soft pressing with use of only free-run must; slow fermentation at a temperature of 10° to 18° C.
- MATURATION: In steel at a controlled temperature.
- AGING: Three months in bottle at 15° C.
- TASTING: Color: straw yellow with greenish glints. Aroma: notes of tropical fruit, yellow bell pepper, tomato leaf. Flavor: rich, mellow, with good body and persistence.
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: 13%.
- IDEAL SERVING TEMPERATURE: 10° C.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Excellent with shellfish, fish carpaccio, fresh cheeses, pasta with pesto sauce, vegetables in general.
- SHELF LIFE: Two years (preferably).