Nullius – Sangiovese
This 100% Sangiovese gets its name from the latin expression “Nullius Diocesis”, used for indicating the religious autonomy of a town, literally “not belonging to any diocese”. To have religious autonomy at the time of the Pontifical State, which our region was part of, was synonymous of great character, strength, obstinacy and pride for the townspeople . Our Sangiovese, cultivated in the highest vineyards of the property, proudly expresses the same strength as these townspeople. Deep ruby-red in color with fruity and vegetal aromas with a note of licorice it is warm on the palate with authoritative tannin and a fruity finish.
- GRAPE VARIETAL: Sangiovese 100%
- PRODUCTION AREA: South Marche, Ascoli Piceno Province, municipality of Rotella.
- SOIL: Medium texture/clay and altered limestone banks.
- VINEYARDS: From 350 to 550m a.s.l.; spurred cordon training system; 5,680 vines per hectare.
- CLIMATE: Cold winters with cool springs and dry summers.
- VINIFICATION: De-stemming and traditional maceration lor 12-16 days at controlled temperatures (max 28 ° C).
- AGEING: Aged partly in tonneau (5 hl) and partly in barriques (1st and 2nd passage) lor 12 months.
- REFINING: 6 – 8 months in the bottle at a temperature of 15 ° C.
- TASTING NOTES: Deep ruby red; on the nose fruity and vegetai with a background of licorice. Warm on the palate with authoritative tannin balanced by the aging in wood. Fruity finish.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Ideai with boiled meats, braised beef, liver, spiced sausages and aged cheeses.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18° C.
- SHELF LIFE: More than five years when stored under proper conditions.
|Awards||CWSA Gold MedalDecanter Asia Wine AwardsDecanter Worl Wine Awards - CommendedGilbert & Gaillard|