When we talk about our region, no one really ever thinks of it as Spumante producing region. Incredibly, instead, it is such a place. Our spumante tradition was born way before the Franciacorta production in the 70s in the town of Cupramontana where there were at the time twenty-five spumante-producing companies. But more surprisingly is the news that the first spumante in the world seems to have been born right here in this region, thanks to Francesco Scacchi of Fabriano in 1650, at least thirty years ahead of the French monk Dom Perignon in the abbey of Hautevillers. Our company has paid homage to the centuries-old tradition of sparkling wines in the region by producing two beautiful sparkling wines made from Sangiovese and Passerina. Our Passerina Spumante Brut, a brilliant straw color sparkling wine, with aromatic hints of apple, tea and chamomile has a fresh, mineral and delicate taste with a finely acidic finish.
- GRAPE VARIETY: Passerina 100%
- PRODUCTION ZONE: South Marche, Ascoli Piceno Province, municipality of Rotella.
- SOIL: Medium texture/clay and altered limestone banks.
- VIGNARDS: da 400 a 550 mt s.l.m, allevati a Guyot, 4.000 ceppi per ettaro.
- CLIMATE: Cold winters with cool springs and dry summers.
- VINIFICATION: Gentle de-stemming and soft crushing using only first-pressing must, short maceration and draining. Slow fermentation at a temperature of 10° to 18 ° C.
- SPARKLING WINEMAKING PROCESS: with inoculation of 2 different selected yeasts, it ferments in steel for 2 days at 18 ° C., over 60 days the temperature then gradually is reduced to 12 ° C. Frequent Batonnage to bring the temperature to 0 ° C. At rest for another 18 days, followed by light filtration and bottling.
- REFINEMENT: 3 months in bottle at a temperature of 15 ° C.
- TASTING NOTES: intense straw yellow, with notes of apple, tea and chamomile aroma. Fresh and mineral taste, with a delicate, finely acidic note.
- PAIRING: excellent as an aperitif with light cured meats but also as part of a meal with shellfish, seafood or fish dishes in general
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 6°/ 8° C.
- SHELF LIFE: To be drunk preferably within two years.