Signator – Rosso Piceno Superiore Doc
Signator was the notary, the man that guaranteed the legality of papers, making sure that things were “done properly” during the transfer of land from father to son. A nice blend of Sangiovese and Montepulciano that gives this wine a brilliant ruby-red color; a very fruit-like fragrance, cherry in evidence. A dynamic taste, balanced with a rich fruity finish.
- GRAPE VARIETAL: Montepulciano 50% – Sangiovese 50%
- PRODUCTION AREA: South Marche, Ascoli Piceno Province, municipality ol Rotella.
- SOIL: Medium texture/clay and altered limestone banks.
- VINEYARDS: From 350 to 550m a.s.l.; spurred cordon training system; from 4,545 to 5,680 vines per hectare.
- CLIMATE: Cold winters with cool springs and dry summers.
- VINIFICATION: De-stemming and traditional maceration lor 8 -10 days at controlled temperature (max. 28 ° C).
- AGEING: The grape varieties are assembled alter aging, lor the most part, in stainless and the remainder in large vats (65 hl) lor 8 – 10 months.
- REFINING: 6 months in the bottle at a temperature ol 15 ° C.
- TASTING NOTES: Ruby red color with purple hues; On the nose, fruity with cherry highlights and pleasantly spicy. Vibrant, well-balanced palate with a fruity linish.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Excellent with pasta or polenta with meat sauces, legume soups, grilled blue lish and stewed white meats.
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: 17°-18° C.
- SHELF LIFE: From lour to live years when stored under proper conditions.