Tesino – Marche Cabernet Sauvignon IGT
Tesino is the name of the river that originates from Mount La Torre (826 meters above sea level) and flows into the Adriatic Sea after 37 kilometers. It cuts across the winery, separating the two sides of the valley and leaving to the north – with a south-southeasterly exposure – the vineyard where our Cabernet Sauvignon is cultivated. The position is important because, thanks to thermal inversion, it is exposed to constant breezes coming from between the Sibillini mountains and the sea, so ventilating our vineyards from morning to evening.
- GRAPE VARIETY: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon.
- VINEYARDS: At 470 meters above sea level, spurred cordon system; 4,545 vines per hectare.
- VINIFICATION: Traditional destemming and maceration for 14-16 days at a controlled temperature (max 26°C).
- MATURATION: In Allier casks (5 hl) of variously toasted French oak, for 12 months.
- AGING: After bottling, 6-8 months in the cellar at a controlled temperature (15°C) to develop the bouquet.
- TASTING NOTES: Color: deep ruby red with purple nuances. Aroma: very fruity with a cherry, black raspberry and plum bouquet, plus a note of black pepper. Flavor: rich and full with great structure and aromatic persistence. Tannin full and elegant, thanks to long double aging in French oak casks. Intense finish.
- ALCOHOL CONTENT: From 13% to 14% IN VOL depending on the vintage.
- SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Excellent with saffron risotto Milanese style, game, pot roast, grilled meats with truffles, aged cheeses.
- IDEAL SERVING TEMPERATURE: 18° C. (64° F.)
- SHELF LIFE: Over five years if kept properly.
|Awards||CWSA Silver MedalDecanter Worl Wine Awards - BronzeGilbert & GaillardInternational Wine ChallengeIWSC Bronze 2014|